The Operational Services Department provides essential services to the school system. We are a team serving all schools within the HRSB, our staff cooperating with school staff.
Operations Services divisions are:
- Central Services - Provides leadership and direction concerning all central services and capital construction projects for the HRSB. For more information on new school construction, click here.
- School Services - Responsible for the general maintenance and repairs of HRSB properties, custodial services, and indoor air quality.
- Facilities Rentals - The HRSB encourages and supports the use of our facilities outside of normal instructional hours, including weekends and holidays, provided facilities are used on a cost recovery basis. The Halifax Regional Municipality has responsibility for booking school facilities, including fields. For more information, click here.
- Pupil Transportation Services - Ensures bus services are provided in accordance with distance criteria. Works with Stock Transportation and Metro Transit to achieve efficient bus routes that recognize the safety and comfort of students. To learn more about buses and routes, click here.
- Technology Services - Services and supports over 10,000 computers throughout our 137 schools, and meets general telecommunications needs.