French Programs Information
The Halifax Regional School Board provides all students with the opportunity to learn the French language by offering a Core Program from Grade 4 through to Grade 12. This program is compulsory for Grades 4 to 9 students. Alternatives to the Core Program include Integrated French, Early French Immersion and Late French Immersion programs. These programs have various entry points:
- Early French Immersion - Grade Primary entry
- Late French Immersion - Grade 7 entry
- Integrated French - Grade 7 entry
French Program Information
For a more information on the various French Second Language programs, click here or view one of the following downloadable brochures.
Schools Offering French Immersion Programs
- Out-of-Area Request Information - (link)
- French Immersion Information Presentation - (Early) (Late)
- HRSB French Second Language Policy - (link)
- NS Department of Education French Immersion Frequently Asked Questions - (link)
- NS Department of Education French Immersion Active Young Readers Information - (link)
Note: You must live in an area of eligibility and register by March 1, 2012 to be guaranteed access to a given program. Please check carefully before you move.